COVID-19 Procedures – Keeping You Safe
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all of the CDC guidelines. However, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text, or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
1. Personalized arrival procedures will guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
2. We have implemented distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
3. Magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind have been removed. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
4. Education materials are provided to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
5. We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
6. We have installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
7. We require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
8. An oral pre-rinse will be introduced to all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
9. We require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure, should it exist.
10. Upon entering the office, we record the temperature and lung capacity of every patient.
11. Upon entering the office, we record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at the beginning and end of the work period.
12. Payment arrangements are made in advance to avoid delay and to allow contactless exit from the appointment.
13. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures are used on all surfaces between patients.
14. Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration is used continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
15. We have implemented enhanced HVAC disinfection with UV light or HEPA Filtration units.
16. We have implemented enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
17. New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks are used by Dr. Alina and her team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
18. We have introduced protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
19. We have expanded nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, door knobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
20. We disinfect all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
At Dunes Dental Services, we are committed to keeping our patients and our team members healthy and safe. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.